Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Party

So, I'm not a stay at home mom to clean my house or to do laundry. I'm here to teach my children & to help them to learn and grow and create memories. Today we started a tradition that I'm hoping will help create wonderful memories for my children.

We had a Halloween Party. He was so excited last night about his friends coming over that he didn't get to bed until 11. But today he was surprisingly amicable given the circumstances. We had about a dozen little 2 & 3 year olds and it was great.

We started out in the play room while people started getting here, and after about 15 minutes, there were about 5 or 6 kids here, so we moved to the craft (foam stickers, crayons & foam pumpkins). It went well! I couldn't believe the kids liked it & did a good job. Then we moved to decorating cookies, and more kids came. This was great, because the kids that had moved from the craft made room for the new arrivals.

The cookie decorating was great & the kids enjoyed the snacks inside too. Then all went out to play on the play structure and with the bean bags & ride on toys. The weather was perfect, the kids had a great time & my little host shared so well!

I love my kids & am grateful I can give them these opportunities to interact and have fun with others. Thanks to the kids and moms who came to have a good time too.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a hit! I wish I knew soon because Jackson & I would have come... But there will be next year :) How are you doing? HWat have you been up to lately? Give me a ring and let's get together. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really fun, thanks for inviting us! I just found your blog and hope you don't mind if I add you to ours!

    ReplyDelete